Gorgeous Bridal Gowns For A Summer Wedding
Image courtesy bridalguide.com
There’s something about summer, and then there’s something extra about summer weddings. While it is the best time of the year to get married in, choosing the right wedding gown for summer can be a daunting task.
– Choose a dress according to the theme. Whether you are going for a superman-themed wedding or a fairytale one, your gown must complement the theme.
– Your dress should make you feel comfortable. Pay extra attention to the fabric and detailing. If you are going to get married in a tropical place where the temperature and the humidity level soars, you might want to stick to cotton, organza, and other lighter fabric.
– Pastel colors are best suited for summer.
– You can also go for a short gown with a flowing train, or ditch the train if it is a beach or an outdoor wedding where it will get all muddy.
– Stick to sleeveless, off shoulders, corset-styled, and bareback gowns. Standing in the heat taking your vows with sweat dripping down your arms and back is just not what you are looking forward to.
Some summer wedding gowns inspiration:
From Marchesa’s Bridal 2014 Spring Collection, this peplum dress with a lace peplum jacket is one of the best buys for summer. Chique, comfortable, and hassle-free- especially recommended for a beach wedding.
Another from the same collection, this one-shoulder dress with lace and embroidery detailing spells elegance and comfort.
You can never go wrong with a mermaid gown. This black and white mermaid gown with Swarovski detailing from Liancarlo Spring 2014 collection is fashion meets functionality.
Want to create a statement with a shorter wedding dress? Here’s the perfect option, the short satin lace dress comes with a beautiful pleated skirt. The highlights however, are the wedding gloves that befit summer.
To cut the monotone, add a burst of color. We are absolutely in love with this gang of coral bride and bridesmaids. Brownie point for the white and pink rose wedding bouquet. We heart this, a lot!
If you are the one dares to bare and have the body to do so, we recommend the Reema Acra gown from the Summer 2014 collection.
Zuhair Murad is the go-to designer if you are looking for a fairytale wedding dress. Of course his work is always over-the-top and breathtakingly beautiful, maybe this one is suited for an indoor wedding or an outdoor wedding with a pleasant climate.
While looking for a wedding gown for summer, make sure you take not only the fashion but also the comfort factor into consideration.
All image courtesy Pinterest.com